The disciples walked with Jesus beyond the four walls of the temple and learned what sharing the Kingdom message was truly all about. In the Descent to Compassion Course, we will go beyond Sunday morning service, past evangelism projects, and out into the highways and hedges where life happens and does not stop for a 30-minute sermon. We will come along side of where Jesus is walking and working every day, desiring His people to join Him in the work.
Divine moments happen every day because God is always at work. Each and every day we get up, if we open our eyes, we can see Him – or we can blindly walk away. Through experiencing these moments of divine encounter, our lives receive fresh meaning. Living this kind of compassionate lifestyle keeps one other-focused instead of self-focused. Good works have been prepared in advanced for us, and the Lord is ready to lead us by the hand to discover where those works exist.
What are the requirements?
- A heart that is soft and ready to hear the whispers of God calling them into the sea of humanity
- A spirit ready to respond with humility towards God’s calling for their life
- A willingness to be stretched in your faith to obey God in uncomfortable situations
- A desire to have your character beautifully transformed to more fully reflect the image of God to the world as you engage humanity in compassion
What am I going to get from this course?
- Over 43 lectures and 5.5 hours of content!
- How to recognise when God is at work in others and join him in the work
- How to live a life of radical compassion beyond the four walls of the church
- How to live a life of service instead of being served
- How to live a life of compassion verses condemnation
- How to truly see the harvest field that is ready to be harvested
- How to embrace the interruptions of God with excitement
What is the target audience?
- Any Christ-follower who is hungry to make a difference in the world by showing the compassion of God
- Any Christ-follower who has a desire to do more for God but are not sure what that looks like
- Any Christ-follower who is ready to take their faith into the market places though acts of compassion
- Any Christ-follower wanting God to work not just in them but through them
- Any Christ-follower who know there is more to following Christ than just attending church on a weekly basis
|Section 1: In The Beginning|
|Section 2: The Breaking|
Intro To The Descent Lecture
|Section 3: Take Me Deeper Lord|
|Section 4: The Song of Interruption|
|Section 5: Compassion Is A Long Suffering Love|
The Water Basin and Towel
Condemnation or Compassion?
|Section 6: God’s love is relentless|
|Section 7: Are you all in?|
|Section 8: Two final stories|
|Section 9: Leave the four walls behind|